5 Payroll Bank Accounts that You Need to Know
Most employees are familiar with the concept of a payroll bank account, and most of us may simply choose to open one at a bank that you already use. But if you’re interested (and you should be) in earning more cash dollars, interest, or even mileage, gini has compared 5 different payroll accounts for you to reconsider your options!
|Bank||Plan Name||Minimum Salary Requirement||Deals（just some of them!）|
|Hang Seng||Payroll Services||$10,000||– Minimum $100 Cash Dollars rewarded
– Get rewarded at least $20 Cash Dollars if you register for Hang Seng Bank as FPS default receiving bank
– Get rewarded at least $20 Cash Dollars if you perform bill payment 3 times or above via the Payroll Account
|China Construction Bank (Asia)||Value Added Payroll Service||$10,000||– Up to 1.875% p.a. Extra Bonus Interest Rate with high financial flexibility and HK$2,000 cash reward
-perpetual fee waivers for ATM card annual fee and Low Balance Account Monthly Maintenance Fee
|Dah Sing Bank||360° Easy Payroll Services||$5,000（autopay）/ $10,000 (Standing Instruction）||– $1000 free credit card spending if you set up new Autopay Bill Payment service and execute bill payment successfully.
– If you successfully refer a new deposit customer who registers with 360° Easy Payroll Services and fulfills the designated requirements, you can be rewarded with a HK$200 free credit card spending (Maximum amount is HK$5,000)
|Bank of East Asia||Auto-payroll||$10,000（autopay）/ $20,000（Standing Instruction）||– Extra three months’ safe deposit box service for free and a 10% discount on the annual fee.
– 0% Monthly Investment Plan Subscription fee for the first 6 months.
|China Citic Bank International||PAYROLLplus||$10,000||– earn up to HK$5,600 Welcome Reward
– Up to 1.68% p.a. HKD/CNY savings deposit rate offer for CITICfirst customer for the first 12 months
Note：information last updated August 8th. Information is for reference only; the respective bank websites have the most accurate and updated information. For more information please read the respective terms and conditions
Reminder from gini：Most of these payroll accounts only accept salary paid in HKD and excludes payment methods such as international wire transfer, cheques, and cash payments. If you’d like to switch to another bank payroll account, simply register with the new bank then fill in the “Notification of Change of Auto-Payroll Account” form for your employer!